Thursday, May 15, 2008






I brushed my hair today for the first time since we left.
In the rush of midnight packing the night before we left, both JR and I forgot a hair brush which has left me with the beginnings of dreadlocks.
Today I had to decide whether I was going to just let my curls continue to mat or to attack my dreads with the dollar store brush JR bought me and go back to looking half decent.
I brushed it, though I toyed at the idea while in the shower of coming back looking like I really had traveled around the world.
We are in Ulaan Baatar today, the capitol of Mongolia. With about a million people it is a little more our pace compared to the constant motion and rush of people in Beijing.
We left on Tuesday taking the train overnight with two nice ladies from Holland. They kept us well fed and were very kind.
The trip was very relaxing after our day hike along the great wall the day before.
Our hostel offered two versions of the great wall trip, one was to the more tourist populated reconstructed area of the wall, the other a "secret wall' tour which included lunch and said was for those in good physical condition.
We took the latter and hopped into a van at 7:30 a.m. with seven other travelers and set off on a Two and a half hours later the driver pulled over on the side of the road and dropped us off with a tiny old man who lead us up the mountain on a dirt path for about 40 minutes.
I'll describe more later, I'm tired.

Enjoy the pics.
See more on my flickr site - www.flickr.com/photos/moveyourknees

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys! Jenny, your photos are stunning (as usual).